Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Escalade: working on a 2008 Cadillac Escalade passcode

Customer Question

working on a 2008 Cadillac Escalade passcode p069e. fuel pump control module illuminated check engine light.svehicle stalls out and misfires while going down the road. No lean codes.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

A p069e is much like a p0700. In the case of a p0700, the transmission control module is requesting the ecm to turn the check engine light on. In that case we would go into the transmission control module and look for the stored fault code in it.

In this case we would need to have a scan tool capable of reading the fuel pump control module and check for the stored fault code in it. Is your scan tool capable of reading fpcm data and fault codes?

I will tell you this. There is a recall on many of the C/K trucks of these years for the fuel pump control module. They renamed it the "chassis control module" because on some vehicles it also controls trailer brakes but it is the same module.

If you have the vin number I can check for this recall on your vehicle. It's possible this may be a warrant repair.

Thanks

Bill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah I have the Snape on scanner. I'll have to get you the Vin number. I'll get back to you in a bit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

VIN: 1GYFK63868R212329

Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

Well it's not under any recall for this but it is still likely a chassis control module concern. CHeck for any stored faults in that module.

Bill

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58169456/Chassis%20%282%29.pdf