Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac CTS: Another question on the caddy....I can't get

Customer Question

Another question on the caddy....I can't get the rocker arms to stay on long enough for the lifters to pump up. We left the motor open to watch the lifters. Any suggestions?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
What liter engine. The oil should pump up the lifters in about 3 seconds of cranking. If not then your concern is more likely related to oil flow pathways restricted and the pressure can not get to them. Have you tried an oil pressure test while cranking? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 3.6. But I think I've found the problem. I installed new chains. But, in all the advice I received no one ever told me after installing the left and primary chains I needed to rotate the engine before installing the right side chain. So that left me about 5 to 7 teeth off timing. I believe now that had the camshalf way out of position. I'm going to redo it today and hope that solved the problem.
If you find you need the OEM timing steps to look over, let me know.