Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Cadillac CTS: I have a 2004 3.6 Cadillac CTS, cats went out

Customer Question

I have a 2004 3.6 Cadillac CTS, cats went out with 175k on them. since i'm in California, dealer only, 1k each, trying to figure out how to solve my dilemma so I can pass smog
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Unfortunately because you are in California you can not install any other type of Converters due to there emission standards in your state and any time you are installing new converter, you are best served to install the factory OEM converter, aftermarket converter do not perform well and unfortunately you are not going to be able to find replacement other then factory OEM units. I wish I had better news for you but unfortunately I do not.