Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac CTS: Bought wider tires 2011 cts coupe now

Customer Question

Bought wider tires for my 2011 cts coupe now traction control engaging. Any solutions?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Either one of the wheel speed sensors was damaged when the tires were installed or one of the tires is sending a false wheel speed sensor reading meaning it is sending a reading different from the rest of the sensors.This will cause the traction to activate like this here and cause this issue.
I would have the speed sensors and sensor wiring checked for any damage needing repaired and if found o.k. the speed sensor signals need monitored with a scan tool that can read the data from the anti lock brake computer to see if you have a sensor that needs replaced.
Thanks Pete