sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

When I accelerate from a stop I hear a thump in the floor board

Customer Question

When I accelerate from a stop I hear a thump in the floor board 2010 Cadillac SRX
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be quite a few things and it will take an inspection of the suspension parts to determine what is going on.I'm assuming the noise doesn't also happen over bumps, if it only happens when taking off then it's almost surely a suspension part that is moving under torque. It could also be a motor mount depending on what area the noise is coming from.

If it's front wheel drive then control arms bushings, ball joints, subframe bushings, possibly the sway bar/links or struts/mounts could be making the noise.

If it's all wheel drive the noise could be coming from any of the same components in the rear, or possibly an issue with the rear driveshaft or carrier bearing. A loose carrier being would cause a thump in about the center of the vehicle.