Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Escalade: 2000 escalade put a new heated power mirror

Customer Question

2000 escalade put a new heated power mirror on the passengers side and now my power locks power mirrors and dome/map lights don't work tested all fuses in the car and under the hood there all good what else could it be the wires from the mirror aren't melted I don't smell any melted wires and I did not hear a pop when I plugged the mirror in everything just quit working any ideas
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.
drivers and passenger side power mirrors are completely dead ?fuse # ***** in the inside fuse box called CTSY shoes 12 volts on both sides of that fuse testing it in place through the little openings in the tops of that fuse with the key ON ? and the same with fuse # ***** in the inside fuse box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said I checked all the fuses both mirrors are dead and SO are my door locks and my dome lights the all worked til I replaced the mirror and turned the car on didn't hear a pop or anything the three of them all just stopped working is there a relay or sumin that runs all three things power locks power mirrors and done lights? Again checked all the fuses the fuse for the mirror is good the fuse for the power door locks are good and the fuse for the dome lights are good but sense replacing the passenger side mirror now none of those three thing work now
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.
those fuses show 12 volts at them ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a relay that runs the power mirrors power locks and dome lights
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did I stump you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they do show 12 volts there's no power at the main control switch on the drivers door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't mean to sound rude but I paid 35 bucks to get no answer other then what I already know nice