Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Cadillac STS: ,I'm trying to find a coolant leak I think

Customer Question

hi ,I'm trying to find a coolant leak I think it may be coming from the thermostat I need help fixing it
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
It is pretty common for the thermostat housing to leak so that is a good place to start, when replacing the thermostat its a good idea to replace both the top gasket for the thermostat and well as the lower housing gasket. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and past the links to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Thermostat%20Jun%2013.pdf