Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Cadillac CTS V: . I went to a restaurant and parked in their

Customer Question

Hi. I went to a restaurant and parked in their underground parking and when I went to leave it said Electronis Key not detected. I have had that messgaes many times in the past but if I move the fob in my pocket or try a few times it always works. It was working fine all day.
Could there be some interference in this basement parkade. It is a 2009 CTS V
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
From your description it sounds like the battery in you transmitter is low. When the transmitter battery is weak, the DIC may display Electronic Key Not Detected. When a transmitter authentication is requested, the console passive antenna broadcasts a challenge within the passenger compartment to the transmitter. If the response from the transmitter via radio frequency (RF) is a valid response, the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) determines there is a transmitter within the vehicle. If no response is received, the RCDLR determines that no transmitter is in the vehicle, and Electronic Key Not Detected will be displayed on the DIC.
It is also possible something in the basement parkade may be causing interference. Again a low transmitter battery and or radio frequency (RF) interference from aftermarket devices such as 2-way radios, power inverters, cellular phone chargers, computers, etc. may cause a system malfunction. High RF traffic areas, such as gas stations which use pay-at-the-pump RF transponders, may also cause interference that could lead to a malfunction.
To replace the battery:
1. Separate the transmitter with a flat, thin object inserted into the notch, located above the metal base.
2. Remove the old battery. Do not use a metal object when removing the battery.
3. Insert the new battery, positive side facing up. Replace with a CR2032 or equivalent battery.
4. Snap the transmitter back together.
When replacing the battery, do not touch any of the circuitry on the transmitter. Static from your body could damage the transmitter.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks so much.
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
You last viewed this thread on June 13th, and I hope the information I gave was helpful. Let me know if you have followed through with my recommendations. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks.