sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 1999 Cadillac Deville my air conditioners cold one at the

Customer Question

my 1999 Cadillac Deville my air conditioners cold one at the next and then after about a week or so it'll say low refrigerant and not work at all and then we will start working
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the compressor doesn't engage and you see a low refrigerant warning and the problem goes away on it's own then I would suspect the low pressure switch. The low pressure switch is closed when there is enough pressure in the system for the compressor to operate. When pressure goes low enough then it will disable the compressor to prevent damage. You most likely have a bad switch, but it's possible that there could be a wiring or connection issue with the switch. When the problem is happening you can jump the switch and if that allows the compressor to run then the switch has failed.