Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac CTS: i hear a whining sound from rear passenger wheel

Customer Question

i hear a whining sound from rear passenger wheel area, replaced the fuel pump and filter, still hear it, while up on rack, noticed that a noise is coming from driver side fuel tank. when i get gas, car will turn over and not crank. after 5 minutes of sitting, it will crank and run fine. the whining noise comes and goes. any ideas
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If there is a poor power or ground signal to the fuel pump itself this will cause this fault here as the pump is trying to draw enough power and ground it can whine like this.I have also seen restrictions with the fuel system like a damaged fuel line or restricted fuel filter cause the pump to whine and cause a stall out or no start in some cases.
I would have the power and grounds checked as well as terminal fit and connection to the pump and the fuel filter and fuel system checked over for any damage needing repaired.
Thanks Pete