FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac escalede: why does my escalade not restart unless

Customer Question

why does my escalade not restart unless i take off the battery cables for a sec is it maybe the computer module cause i was told it was resetting is that true or can it be something else
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my 1999 escalade was running fine i parked it one day and wen i went to restart it it wouldnt start ive checked the sensors and cleaned them it finally started one day and drove fine but that was after i took off the battery terminals then replaced them a sec later now it doesnt want to start at all it cranks and all but wont catch and start up
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me what happens when it will not start. Does it crank and not start or does it nor crank at all? Is the security light on when you try cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it cranks but does not start it acts like it wants to start but wont we have checked the fuel and it seems to be coming out fine but i dont think it is actually getting fuel through to the throttle body because we have opened up the throttle body and poured fuel in it and it will rev right up but once the fuel is gone it dies and dont start again also it had started a couple times but when i put it in gear it died as well i hope this can help you help me
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It does sound like a fuel problem. It can be an issue with the fuel metering body or the security system shutting down the fuel. If the security light on inside of the vehicle when cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the security light does not come on
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do you have a voltage meter to run some tests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont is there a way i can get one say from autozone or somewhere
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Yes, these are available from autozone. If you get one let me know and we can continue.