FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac Awd 6.0: Scott I have a 2002 escalade with the service

Customer Question

Scott I have a 2002 escalade with the service stability track light on, I've recently replaced the rear shocks with armory air shocks and a new compressor. The shock fill up but the ride is absolutely terrible. What am I missing here
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if this came on right after the shocks were replaced? Is the light on right when you start the vehicle or does it come on while driving?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light was on prior to the shocks and compressor and relay switch being changed. After all of it was changed the light would occasionally come on and the truck would ride nicely and I could feel the shocks working. I tow a camping trailer occasionally, when I connected the trailer I heard the lines at the T connector pop, I changed the airlines and let the original T connector with the clips you turn 90 degrees to release on. Since the new lines are not flanged the air line would pop out under high psi at the T connector. Because of this I changed the T connector to a threaded one, it was at this time that the light would be constant and the ride is very rough.The light does come on as soon as the truck is turned on.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Is the suspension light on also or just the stability light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the stability. I've noticed my stability track button doesn't work
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The rear shock set up should not be causing this. Most of the time this is caused by either a failing yaw rate sensor or steering angle sensor. Do you have a scan tool that reads brake control module codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to my local auto parts store and they used their tool and came up with nothing. I can have my guy change them assuming these are reasonably low priced parts . what are the part numbers and where are they located.BTW as a result of this light when I hit a bump I feel a lot of shaking and it feels like I have no shocks thought the shocks are filled with air. could it be that the shocks either have too much air or not enough.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Was this a regular auto parts store?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Auto zone, advanced auto parts
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. They will not have a scan tool that can communicate with the brake control module. It takes a more advanced scan tool, and they only use generic scan tools.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so your answer is for me to go to a dealer to have them tell what's wrong?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Being that the problem is within the stability system it will be difficult to tell what the problem is without having the codes. You can always have a shop scan the computer and bring them back to me and I can tell you what needs to be done. You may have to pay a small diagnostic fee or this. I do not like recommending this unless it is necessary. If you do not want to go this route let me know and I will opt out of the question and we can see if any other experts have other ideas.