Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac CTS: 2009 cats v6 had first time water leak. Passenger

Customer Question

2009 cats v6 had first time water leak. Passenger side floor was soaked and compartment with lighter/charger was full of water. Center console no longer works and service airbag light is on,
Nav system won't go up but radio is on. Clock works, but all other controls work on center console.
Thank you
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All other controls on console do not work. Air controls, nag controls, fan speeds etc
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Are you good with wire diagrams and electrical testing?
Have you done the easy steps of checking fuses?
This diag will include removing the faulty components and testing each's power and ground, and if they are good then the water has caused these units to fail
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse is fine and am about to reset the system by disconnecting the battery.Where do I find the diagram for testing faulty components? Is it the same one that's in the manual.Ron
Ron are you asking for a wire diagram, if so I do have those.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No diagram needed. The reset by taking the negative cable off for 20 minute's or so also did not work.
Anything else I can offer to help on this concern?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to offer some sort of a viable Solution other than check the Fuses?
Once I know the answer to, are the fuses good then I can move on to removing the units and checking power and ground there. No need to jump to conclusions on step 3-4-5 when we have to do step 1 first.