Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Deville: keep blowing EBCM fuse, I put alight blub

Customer Question

keep blowing EBCM fuse, I put alight blub between the 2 post for the fuse and as driving the blue will go on and off. there is a ground that is coming up the wire, already replace the EBCM with one from a car that was working right
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. A short to ground is your only option. Fuse 23 or 25?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse 35 the abs fuse 10 amp The EBCM I install came out of a 2002 Cadillac deville which I think is the same for a 2005 deville but the number on it was not the same .Could that be the problems. I move wires all over the car to see if the light would light but I could not get it to. I remove the air cleaner box And even drop the cradle some tho remove the front motor mount to get to the wires behind it.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
If module was the problem fuse wouldn't blow with it unplugged. If fuse blows with module unplugged that points toward wiring. Give me a few minutes to look up diagram, thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Front fuse box or rear fuse box? Fuse 35 in rear is for Body Control Module. I have to step away from computer for awhile, I'll respond later. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rear fuse box The ABS fuse the cover show # ***** the module unplug the car will not even crank, and moving the wires with it unplug, key on, the fuse will not blow...when I put a new fuse in I have to drive it less the a mile and the fuse blow. with the light between the fuse post the light flashes on and off, so a ground it being feed back to the fuse
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
What is your vin? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not happy at all. you told me what I already knew put old module back on and it blew the fuse once , replace fuse and had no problem since
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
If problem starts again let me know and we can continue. Or give me your vin and we will go from there, thanks!