Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 1996 Cadillac deville with a northstar engine. I

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Cadillac deville with a northstar engine. I need an oil pressure switch. Is this something I can do myself or should I seek professional help and if so how much might it cost?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
On this vehicle, the Oil Pressure Switch is located on the side of the engine closest to the front of the vehicle, towards the bottom, near where the oil dipstick plugs into the engine. The best access will be from under the vehicle. So, if you have access to the underside of the vehicle, this is definitely a job that a DIY'er can handle, no problem! Unplug the electrical connector and unscrew the sensor. If you decide to have this done for you, the Switch sells for around $14.35 and shouldn't take more than a half-hour to complete the job. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.