Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac Escalade: i have a 2007 cadillac escalade, its been

Customer Question

i have a 2007 cadillac escalade, its been having problems starting. It would start and stay on for 1 minute and then shuts down. When I would attempt to restart it would act ask if the starter is going bad. After a few tries the car starts and then stability trak warning comes on with reduced power. I would have to move the car about 100 feet shut the car off for 30-40 seconds restart and then it would run normal until the car was shut off and sat for more than half an hour. I changed throttle body, throttle pedal, throttle position connector, crank shaft sensor, starter and ignition starter switch.
one other weird thing the relays click like crazy after the car shuts off, the ones under the hood and also in the fuse box. Since I changed the starter the car has gotten worst it doesn't stay on for more than 2 minutes.
please help
Bruno
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes still need help, please review my previous notes for my symptoms. The biggest issue is the my car will start after sitting a while and stay on for 1-2 minutes then it forces itself to shut down. When I try to restart it acts like the starter is going bad. While trying to restart the relays under the hood, the throttle body sensor and the fuse box under the dash on the drivers side click like crazy. They even click for a minute our 2 after you turn the key to the off position. I replace the throttle body, the throttle pedal, the rank sensor, the starter and the ignition starter switch. I do not own a computer to relearn these devices. I ordered an Engine Control Module which will arrive today and have the cam shaft sensor in case I have to replace these also.
Hi
It would be very beneficial if we knew the codes that are stored. You mentioned replacing the ECM, that requires a diagnostic tool to program the ECM. Prior to replacing any more parts just guessing can you ask around or borrow a scan tool to at least get the codes?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris