FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Just reading as to why an airbag light is on and stays on in

Customer Question

just reading as to why an airbag light is on and stays on in my 07 escalade. It has been on for 2 years, and now it is impacting our trade value.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. The air bag light can one in for any number of reasons. The only way to know for sure is to have the air bag module scanned for codes. If you get the codes I can tell you what is going on. The most common reasons on your vehicle are a wiring issue under one of the seats and the clock spring assembly in the steering column. If you can have the codes scanned then have that done and bring me the codes and I will see what I can do to help. You can also disconnect the battery cables for a period of time and see if it clears the light but that does not always work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will see about getting the codes. Husband checked under the seats at the connections and they all seem to be connected fine. Is there anywhere that can tell us the codes for free? I went to Advanced Auto and they said that they didn't have that type of machine.

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately it takes an advanced scan tool to read air bag codes. Most auto parts stores will not offer this. The only place I know of that has done this for free in the past is AAMCO.