Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac srx: , we have had repeated trips to the shop

Customer Question

hello, we have had repeated trips to the shop for oil leaks in the valv cover gasket and cam phaser gaskets for a 2004 Cadillac srx that we just purchased. We do hav a*****train warranty from Chrystler where we purchased the car. However, on the way home from picking up the car today the engine light came on P0021 ( cam saft position timing sensor). Is it common for this sensor to fail when you have an oil leak, is this still part of the drive train warranty and lastly the vehicle is still dripping oil on the driveway....any suggestions?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me which engine you have in your SRX?