Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac Escalade: 2002 cadillac escalade AWD, turning on,

Customer Question

2002 cadillac escalade AWD, turning on, truck dies, it stays on for three to five seconds. Its just really weak. The problem happened two days ago, i was driving in a 25 mpg zone for about two minutes when the truck felt like turning off, i would step on the gas but it would not respond. My truck just had a tune up done two months ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component that causes this issue here that I have run into several times before is the fuel pump in the fuel tank.The pump becomes weak and isn't able to supply enough fuel pressure or fuel volume to the fuel injectors.It has enough to allow the engine to start in some cases but not enough to allow the engine to run properly.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested this needs done and the fuel pump replaced if found at fault.If you need the info on how to test the pressure let me know.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete