FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have a 2007 cadillac escalde AWD and I have a ticking noise

Customer Question

I have a 2007 cadillac escalde AWD and I have a ticking noise that i can hear coming up through the passenger floorboard, souunds like its in the transfer case/transmission area. I can b driving down the road with my window down and hear it. I can put it in nutreal and give it gas and the sound is not there and I put it back in drive and give it gas and i can here it again. hope you can help
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me how many miles are on the vehicle and if the noise changes as the engine warms up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
154000 The sound is the same all the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When im giving it gas and switching from neutral and drive i am driving down the road.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. This can be caused by the transfer case or it can be a crack in the rear planetary of the transmission. I would start by draining the fluid from the transfer case to look for signs of metal. If there is then you have a failure in the transfer case which is very common.