Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Have 1990 caddy and have key stuck in ignition wont't come

Customer Question

have 1990 caddy and have key stuck in ignition wont't come out and car will also not start r u able to help me?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a mechanical fault with the key lock cylinder itself.I have seen the tumblers inside the cylinder come apart internally in some cases and had to replace the tumblers or the cylinder.
In some cases you can spray a small amount of lubricant past the key into the cylinder and then work the key to get it to free up and release.If this does not work this may take a lock smith to come out to remove the key and repair the cylinder.
Thanks Pete