Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Cadillac DTS: How do I unplug the A/C drain on my 2009 Cadillac

Customer Question

How do I unplug the A/C drain on my 2009 Cadillac DTS? I have condensation puddling on the carpet. Can this be cleaned out by removing the cabin air filter and somehow unclogging the drain, or is this a dealer fix?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.What carpet is getting wet? Do you have a sunroof?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a sunroof. As mentioned previously, the water is coming from under the dashboard while the A/C is running. I am assuming the condenser drain is clogged. How do I clean it out so it will drain outside the car instead of overflowing into the car? Can I get to it from the cabin air filter area accessible under the hood behind the firewall? If so, how?Davd
Without knowing where its coming from I cant even give you suggestions. History tells me its not in all four floorboard areas. Knowing its coming from the dash tells me its one of the front floor areas but I dont know which.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's coming from the passenger side under the dash. It's not raining. It would really help if you could tell me how to access the drain on the firewall. Can it be accessed from the area where the cabin air filter is like I asked you previously? If so, how can I clean it out? I was hoping to do this myself so I have to go to the dealer.
It is on the passenger side firewall. I do not have a diagram of it but its right by where the a/c lines pass through the firewall. You will have to get under the car to see it. The easiest way to clear it is a couple of quick shots of air with a blow gun. Most shops will do it free or for very little while they have the car on the lift anyway doing an oil change or something if you ask. Of course a little tip to the mechanic or service writer goes a long way on buttering them up to do it free.