Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac hearse: need to reset a 2004 Cadillac hearse air compressor,

Customer Question

need to reset a 2004 Cadillac hearse air compressor, because freon was low
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Cadillac problem.
Use the 3 switches located to the right of the Driver Information Center (DIC) to activate and respond to the OBD prompts on the DIC.
ON/OFF = YES
INFO RESET = NO
INFO DOWN or INFO UP = manual toggle
Ignition ON, acknowledge any warning messages; press ON/OFF and INFO UP together for 2 to 3 seconds. Everything in front of you lights up for 4 or 5 seconds, then you will see:
Display shows "ALL?"
Answering YES will display "ALL CODES?"
Answering YES will run automatic test sequence and display codes, if any. Systems and codes will scroll faster than I am able to read them and write them; not to worry.
"ALL CLEAR CODES?" will display at the end of the automatic test. If you are satisfied you have the information you need, answer YES to clear/erase all error codes. This should reset the system so the compressor will engage.
Ignition OFF to exit.