Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years exp,Cadillac 6 yrs
13677702

Cadillac cts: When I run my a/c water leaks from under dashboard

Customer Question

When I run my a/c water leaks from under dashboard only when I make a right turn. Water streams down on the floor. The car is cooling fine and not running hot as I have been advisedvthe heating coil. All mechanics just assuming I don't want to be overcharged for something I dont need
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name I Randall. I will do my best to assist you with your question.clear water? what side of the floor gets wet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Front passenger side. Clear water
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you shortly with some information
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Ok, what you have is a plastic cover at the bottom of the HVAC case, Then a small drian hose for the evaporator water drain, That hose is either blocked, cracked or has come loose allowing evap water to drain on the floor, it is NOT the heater core, you would be leaking antifreeze. The fix? the center consol is removed and the hose inspected or repaired, Trim polate removed from around the shifter, then the consol side covers and then 3 screws on each side of the consol.I have included a link below showing this hose which winds up being kind of to the right of the gas pedal going through the floor of the car. Not a big repair, not expensive.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwuw8lxeyh4wis5/15.jpg?dl=0