Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac CTS: I have Cadi CTS 2003 and my engine keeps locking

Customer Question

I have Cadi CTS 2003 and my engine keeps locking up leaving the key stuck in the ignition and the car won't crank until I mess with the battery connectors. When I actually mess with the battery connectors it will actually reset the engine or it cycles some system within the engine that allows the key to get unstuck and the car to start. I was thinking it may be anti-lock but now I'm thinking maybe electric?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name I Randall. I will do my best to assist you with your question.Is this happening every time you turn it off or just sometimes? and does anything else continue to work when this happens? lights, wipers, blower, headlights and so on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe every other time. More and more frequent now. I believe the only thing that actually works when it locks up is the headlights. Nothing else
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, was offline when you replied. Do you still need help with this? figure it out? etc? I am on/off the remainder of the day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I still haven't gotten any feedback
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
I am going to open the post up to the other experts, sorry I could not help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to get a refund