Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 cadilac DTS - It was raining hard, the sunroof started

Customer Question

2006 cadilac DTS - It was raining hard, the sunroof started leaking water. It ran down the back seat to where the battery and fuse box is, they got wet. Put the key in the ignition and nothing happens, the car is completely dead. The key will only turn
partially and will not come back out. My question is: Is there a certain fuse/relay that I can replace to get power back to the car or what do I do.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi
You need to first off test the battery as well as charge it. Then you need to see if the battery junction box fuses have power to see if the water shorted out the box. Have you checked these?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris