Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac Escalade EXT: Pete I went to open my 2003 cadillac

Customer Question

Hi Pete I went to open my 2003 cadillac escalade ext and the the keyless entry control was stuck so I opened it with key and the alarm went off i couldnt disarm it with the control because the unlock button was still stuck so I tried to start it with the key. It did not work it started but died saying "unknown driver". So I take it to dealership and they're telling me something from the radio wiring is drawing power causing this. I thought all I needed was a new keyless entry. Can u help me please I don't want to pay over a thousand dollars to fix this that is what they're charging.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.I apologize for the delay and I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself.
If the remote/key fob is stuck where it is trying to lock the vehicle all of the time this can cause this here and the remote/key fob needs replaced.I would replace this first then re check and see if any other issues occur.
The radio drawing power won't cause the issue here.This sounds like the remote has failed needing replaced.
If this isn't the component that stuck let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete