Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Cadillac Escalade ESV: I have a 2003 escalate.. when I accelerate

Customer Question

I have a 2003 escalate.. when I accelerate to about 40 my rpms goes high
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.It sounds like your transmission is slipping when it shifts into third gear. All you can really do at home is check the transmission fluid to make sure its full and clean. Beyond that you need to get it checked by a qualified transmission shop to see if its something electrical or if the clutch bands inside the transmission are worn out.Let me know if you need anything further and if not please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it to a transmission shop he do a diagnostics, and it showed that the air mass sensor was bad, now he's telling me that app position sensor should be at 0 but it's showing 18 percent.
My guess is he misdiagnosed it the first time but without your foot on the gas the APP pedal should be at 0.