Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac Seville: My 1999 Cadillac Seville just put up codes

Customer Question

My 1999 Cadillac Seville just put up codes abs 1252 abs 1253 and abs u1255. Just had new steering rack put in and now won't shift to overdrive. Don't know if related some help would
Be good is it a fuse or something else
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the steering rack was not installed properly or if the steering wasn't normalized/relearned this can cause this type of fault here.I would have the work re checked by the facility that did the repair and see if any issues are found with the install or if any relearning is still needed that may not have been done.
I suspect one of these will be the cause here.
Thanks Pete