FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac STS: ive got a 2006 Cadillac sts 3.6 v6 that has a

Customer Question

ive got a 2006 Cadillac sts 3.6 v6 that has a random misfire on 2 4 6 with a cam sencer fault bank 2 ive replaced both cam sencers both oil actuater valves all 3 coil packs and plugs still same thing seems to get worse
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if you change the cam actuators or the cam solenoids? Does the engine make any noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I did both asfar as the motor making noise it got alittle nose from the throttle body im thinking that's from it trying to over comp from the misfire no load ugly motors gonna blow up sound
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If you have replace the cam timing solenoids and the actuators then you more than likely have a worn timing chain. This is very common on this engine. If the chain is loose it will cause the cam timing to be off. First make sure that the wiring is fine in the cam sensor connector as those pull out frequently, and if they are then check the chain. Did you inspect the chains when you replaced the actuators?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes looked at chain it looks good and the rough ideal seems to get worse the more I start it along with the hotter it gets u can take it for a test ride and some times its half ok intill u give it more gas peddle it kicks dtc 246 misfire I was thinking inj control it also had a broke intake tunning valve that I replaced the old one was in 2
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Besides the chain the only other common issue would be a restricted oil port. What cam code are you getting? By #?