sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Cadillac CTS: After putting gas in my car, it does not want

Customer Question

After putting gas in my car, it does not want to start. We have put in new camshaft position sensors. What else could be the problem?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many things that can cause a no start condition but if this happened directly after getting fuel and there are no fault codes setting then I would investigate the fuel system first.
It isn't uncommon for a fuel pump to fail after filling because of temperature shock. The first thing I would recommend is checking fuel pressure. If pressure is low or the pump isn't running at all then it's power and ground should be verified before condemning the pump.
If fuel pressure is ok then I would next take a fuel sample to make sure the fuel wasn't contaminated with water, diesel, isn't state, etc.