Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac CTS: Brake lights not working on my 06 caddillac cts

Customer Question

Brake lights not working on my 06 caddillac cts but the center brake light on the trunk is working
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Cadillac problem.
Use a test light or voltmeter to test voltage on white wire at taillight connector with brake pedal depressed. If you have voltage on the white wire then the problem is in the taillight. If you do not have voltage on the white wire then the problem is in the wiring. Center brake light and left and right brake lights all power through the BAS fuse and relay in the rear fuse panel. If the center brake light illuminates then the fuse and relay are okay. If you have a wiring problem, start with the connectors at the rear fuse panel and trace wiring out from there.