Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Seville SLS: Jerry,I have a 1998 SLS. I am currently

Customer Question

Hi Jerry,
I have a 1998 SLS. I am currently getting SVC SUSPENSION SYSTEM and SVC STABILITY SYSTEM messages. Current codes are C1235, C1780, B1343 and B1009. Not concerned about B1343, as it is the mixture door in the HVAC system and going to replace the module for that problem. I have replaced the RR hub and bearing to no avail. Haven't checked the circuits associated with codes B1343 and C1780, but am wondering if, since both of these circuits have to do with the EBTCM if I should consider replacing the EBTCM.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Cadillac problem.
The C1235 code should be diagnosed and repaired first. Since you have replaced the RR hub and still have the code, you likely have a break in the wiring harness to this sensor. The wiring will sometimes break due to movement of the suspension.
The C1780 code should be addressed next. This code sets when the steering position sensor reading is out of range. This sensor is located at the base of the column under the dash. It is fairly easy to replace, you just have to disconnect the steering shaft at the bottom of the column, slide the old sensor off and the new one into place.