FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac Seville STS: I have a 2003 Cadillac Seville STS.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Cadillac Seville STS. What does the it really mean when it says "Service Stability System", "Service Suspension System". What is really wrong with it and what will it take to fix these faults. Thank you in advance.
Pat
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pat, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. When both of these warnings come on it means that the computer has shut down both of these systems. It is telling you that it cannot control the stability system or the suspension ride control system. It does this when it sees a fault that will affect the operation. What is causing these to come on can be a number of different things. Most of the time if these come on together it is because you have a failure in the control module for them, a failure in the yaw rate sensor, or even a failed suspension strut. The only way to know for sure is to scan the electronic brake control module for codes. If you have this done and get me the codes I can tell you what is happening. Without these codes you may change parts that you do not need, which I never recommend doing. Did you plan on trying to fix this yourself?