Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

Cadillac Deville: 2003eville, blows hot on passenger side,

Customer Question

2003eville, blows hot on passenger side, cold on drivers
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question...
Which side is working correctly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
drivers side
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. So you're using A/C and only the Driver's Side is responding. Thanks. Ok. When only one side of the system is blowing the correct temp air, the problem is most commonly due to a faulty Air Temp Actuator. In your case, the passenger's side one. This actuator is what turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between Heat and A/C 9or a mix there of) as commanded by the control panel. The passenger's actuator is located behind the glove compartment, mounted to the side of the HVAC housing. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the actuator and turn the door by hand. Make sure it is moving correctly and there are no binds. THe temp should now be responding correctly. If any problems here, the HVAC housing will need to be removed, opened and the door inside repaired as needed. If everything here checks ok, replacing the Actuator. Please remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.