Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac SRX: 2004 cadillac srx v8 northstar awd: Having issues

Customer Question

2004 cadillac srx v8 northstar awd: Having issues with a hard start when engine is at running temp. It starts fine when cold but if driven and shut off then 10-45 mins later it has a hard start. I have changed 02 sensor bc of code. i changed purge valve solenoid and it shortened the hard crank a good bit but now it still takes 5 or more seconds to crank. it now only throws the 0300 code random misfire and sometimes the two 0420 0430 catalytic conv. Any help would be great!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I still need help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello??
HiYour converter codes indicate the converters need to be replaced. Can you monitor he fuel pressure on a hot restart. A fuel pump starting to fail will have a hard time spinning up to speed when at operating temp. - It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris