FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I am working on a 2004 Cadillac SRX, the transmition keep filling

Customer Question

i am working on a 2004 Cadillac SRX, the transmition keep filling with fluid transfer case is new any idea where it may be comming from
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. When you say the transmission keeps filling with fluid is it actually overflowing? What is happening with the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starts flooding the system, then goes into like a limp mode,I pull the fill plug and it's probably a qt over full, this is about the 3rd time, figured the seal between transmission and transfer case was bad needed a transfer anyhow replaced it and still doing the same thing
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You need to start by checking the coolant level to make sure that it is not a cooler leak. This will allow coolant to enter the transmission and make it overfilled. Most commonly though this is due to a restricted transmission cooler. The cooler and lines hold about a quart. If the cooler is restricted the transmission fluid will end up staying in the transmission and not flowing causing this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't added or seen antifreeze, but this is the 4th time if it was a plugged cooler it would be low on fluids by now, I have 30 years experience as a auto tech and never seen anything like this before
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If it were a plugged cooler it would show full, but yes at some point it would start to over fill. Is the transfer case actually losing fluid that you have verified?