FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

2004 CTS key stuck in ignition turns and all panel lights come

Customer Question

2004 CTS key stuck in ignition turns and all panel lights come on but go out when in the start position, Has new battery. can not remove key from ignition.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. This is a common issue on this car. You shod have a small hole under the bottom of the steering column that you can insert a small screw driver into and press the release button to get the key out. The cause of the issue is usually the ignition switch. If the battery is fine then I would definitely suspect the ignition switch as the failure. You can also try pressing the shifter harder into park to see if it will release the key. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further information.