FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac SRX: 2004 Cadillac SRX 4.6L v8 122,600 miles During

2004 Cadillac SRX 4.6L v8 122,600 miles During a recent vacation trip of 1,800 miles the traction control disengaged light came on 23 times. during several of these incidents, while trying to pull over to the side of the road the engine quit. No messages every appeared with regard to stability control, only traction. Could random engine misfire cause such issues/

FIXITMAN :

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. Did the check engine light come on at all when this happens? Does this typically happen when going straight or turning?

Customer:

The check engine light came on and stayed on. It happened when going straight. Several times on restart the engine power reduced signal came on also. Several restarts where required to reset everything when this happened. I used a Can OBD2 code reader today and got a random misfire code P0300. does this help?

Customer:

car purchased used 114600

Customer:

throttle body and gasket replaced at 116329

Customer:

special wiring from throttle body to ECM at 116418

FIXITMAN : Thank you. A misfire code can cause all of these lights to come on. I would start by attempting to find the source of the misfire. If it is a random code then quite often this is fuel related. I would check the fuel pressure to see if the pump is getting weak. One other thing her can cause this is a weak battery. Low voltage in the system can wreck havoc on electrical systems. Do you plan on fixing this yourself?