Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

Cadillac deville: Recently got service code E41. Just replaced

Recently got service code E41. Just replaced distributor on my 93 Cadillac De ville. Won't stay running now, getting these 4 codes now. E32, E53, E71, E99
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay.

Code 32 is for an open MAP sensor signal
Code 53 is for distributor signal interrupt
Code 71 is for intermittent map sensor signal
Code 99 is for cruise servo apply problem

The first thing I would do here is to make sure the distributor is plugged in correctly and that the correct distributor was installed as well.

If this is o.k. next check and see if any electrical connectors or vacuum hoses were bumped loose at all from anything and if they were they they need reconnected to correct this here.

If these are all found to be o.k. let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete

is my profile if you need anything in the future on your vehicle here,you can save it to your favorites and come back if you have any future questions on your vehicle (besides this question here).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everything was checked and seems to be installed properly. Should I replace the MAP sensor next? Could the distributor be defective? The car ran ok for 1 day, now this. The plastic fuel lines and fuel filter were replaced also. Please advise. I use my car for work an really need it to run right. The 'down time' is killing business.

O.k.,If these are new codes that occurred only after you installed the new distributor and weren't an issue in the past the new distributor you had received may be faulty internally.I have seen this before in some cases with new parts and had to replace them again.

I would see if you can get another one from the place you had purchased it from as this should be at no cost to you under parts warranty,then from there I would see if the codes reset again and if so I would look at a possible map sensor fault.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Pete, ordered new distributor. I think i will replace the MAP sensor also. Hope this corrects the problems. Many thanks for your service. Keep up the good work. chris g.

Your welcome and let me know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete