ironmike, ASE Master Technician & T2 diesel
Experience:  30 years experience foreign and domestic, GM certified

Cadillac Deville: 2003 cadadilac deville v8 wont hold power

2003 cadadilac deville v8 wont hold power stering fluid. i can see a leak under the body of the car whats up?

We should start with cleaning all areas that are wet and then checking the high pressure line. That would be the most common cause for a P/S leak. The pressure hose will go for about 150$ at the dealer and usually have aftermarket. Not that easy to replace since the line runs down the front of the engine and we will need to get under the vehicle to where it connects to the rack and pinion. They can leak from a compression fitting on the line near the front of the engine. Follow from the pump and look where the line has a section of hose. It will be there or under the vehicle where the other section of hose is on the pressure line.

lets start here

good luck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the info Mike. it looks as if I am going to have it done. Give me your gut feeling on how much the job will cost and is this a common problem with Northstar

common for this vehicle. They will probably hit you for 1.5-2 hrs labor plus parts.

cheaper at an independent shop. Lets hope it is just the hose

good luck

No need to open and pay for another question since we are on the same vehicle and same issue.

This can be a difficult job without a lift. I would not attempt this repair without a good strong set of jack stands and decent tools. Line wrenches will be important for the line at the rack.