Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Cadillac DTS: I have a 2008 Cadillac DTS, I want to replace

I have a 2008 Cadillac DTS, I want to replace the radio for a DVD screen with navigation. Its a OEM radio. I have the standard radio in there now with the premium sound(BOSE). What I want to know is could I re-place the radio with the OEM DVD Navigation radio with the screen and if the inputs for this radio is already installed like (factory). Or if I need to get some type of adapter kit for it.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My problem is that I want to switch radios in my car, replacing it with the factory DVD/NAV radio with the screen. Want to know will it match up and will the wiring harness that's already installed matched up to the upgrade or will I need an addtional harness for the DVD/NAV? Or will it work at all?

The wire connectors should match up however you will need a GPS antennae as well as its wire harness. You are also going to need a few extra command signal wires for the DVD that are not there in your current radio.

Above are the wire diagrams.