jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 Years Dealership Experience , 25 Years ASE Master Technician , GM Certified In All Areas
11029438

Cadillac Escalade: I put a CD in the CD/DVD changer for the

I put a CD in the CD/DVD changer for the first time in my 2007 Escalade. It seemed slow to accept the CD at first but it did take it and play until I shut of the car and turned it back on. The CD wouldn't play or eject. I just keeps recycling but will not come out. Is there a way to fix this without having to replace it.
Greetings JACUSTOMER, The most likely cause is a sticking eject gear drive inside the unit. Also if the CD was a burned disc with a label on it I have seen the label get caught inside and keep disc from ejecting. My advice would be to disconnect negative battery cable for 40-60 minutes...then reconnect and try to eject again. If it STILL wont eject then the next step would be to have a professional stereo shop open the unit and remove it . Trying to remove yourself with any tools from the front slot will do more damage than good. If I can assist further I will be happy to help. Thank you, Jeffrey
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I will try that with the battery cable first. The Cd that I put in was not homemade, but is it possible that the previous owners did put homemade CD's or DVD's in and gummed it up, and is the player cleanable?

Hi Shawn, Player is not serviceable/cleanable ...but you could try spraying some canned air (used to clean computer keyboards) in the opening and possibly get lucky. Otherwise have a pro remove it for you by removing case and releasing. Trying to remove from front yourself usually does more damage. If I can assist further I will be happy to help. Thank you, Jeffrey