FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Cadillac Deville: 2005 Cadillac Deville "service air bag" light

2005 Cadillac Deville "service air bag" light is on. Any economical method to get it to go off?
Hello, and thank you for letting us help you with your automotive question. Can you tell me if the light is on steady from the moment you start the vehicle or does it come on after driving for a while? Does it flash?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay. Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately there is no easy way to surely get rid of the light without knowing what is wrong. If you wanted to fix it correctly you need to have the computer scanned for codes. Some shops will do a scan for you for free. If you do not want to have this done I would start by checking the connections under the front seats. It is common to have connection issues under there that will cause this. If this does not help then it needs to be scanned as it may then be a problem with the clock spring in the steering column. Oh can also try unhooking the battery for several minutes to see if it will reset. Let me know if you need more help or have further questions.