Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

Cadillac Deville: Message keeps saying check coolant level,

Message keeps saying check coolant level, coolant low. I have not seen any leaks or puddles under the car indicating a leak. Yesterday i poured an entire gallon of coolant in to the tank and it is still giving me the same message. I am not sure where the coolant is going and why does the cars computer give me this message. Please help
It is a 2002 Deville with 32,000 miles on it

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. I will do my best to help you with your question.

****You have the hit happy face or a high rating for me to get paid for the answer.*****

If you need any more on it just let me know. Thanks

About your vehicle.

The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. There is a tester for that, that you can gt from Autozone for about $20. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases.

Block tester available as:

Napa BK.(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

Part Number:

If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either.

If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head.

Of course, you will want to make sure that the system is full, the coolant is circulating, and the cooling fan(s) are working as well as the pressure cap holding pressure. Thanks