Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Cadillac Deville: How do i install an aftermarket stereo system

Customer Question

How do i install an aftermarket stereo system in a 1999 Cadillac deville that has the Pass-Key II theft deterrent system, won't it disable the car or whatever?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Does it come with a stock cd player or tap deck? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just bought it used off craigslist and when I bought it, there wasnt a stereo in it (the stereo had got stolen). Since I have owned it, I purchased an OEM cadillac stereo online, i purchased 2 one with a tape deck and one that is tape and disc. But then there was the whole stereo I just want tp install an aftermarket stereo and speakers and amp but i dont want the security problem

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for update, you can install a aftermarket cd player without worrying about any security related issues. Here are instructions to remove stock radio.

Then you need this install kit which will allow you to connect aftermarket stereo to this connector which will plug into stock connector so you do not need to cut any wires. And the plastic part is what cd player installs into so it fits nicely into old spot. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.