Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Cadillac DTS: How do I replace an oil pressure sending unit

Customer Question

How do I replace an oil pressure sending unit in my 2007 Cadillac dts?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using J/A / Pearl
My answer is below.

Please understand, the site makes me post the following:

"Please only rate my answer if you are satisfied with the service I have provided.
If you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have, because this will result in a negative mark on my feedback record.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Instead, please simply reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT link with the issue you have.
I am happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek."
My answer may not be to your liking, but is a correct & honest answer.
Many times the only fix will be by Dealer or Shop, so please do not hold that against me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove the Oil Filter, then the Oil Filter Adapter, then the Oil Sender

here is Cadillac procedures

click links below

REMOVE OIL ADAPTER

REMOVE OIL SENDER

If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............

If not, you must Rate my answer for me to recieve some compensation, as that is how a recieve a small portion of the Deposit................thank you

Thanks for using J/A / Pearl
My answer is below.

here is Cadillac procedures

click links below

REMOVE OIL ADAPTER

REMOVE OIL SENDER

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive already tried that and I still couldn't get the unit off. It has to be screwed off with a socket from the other side which is the side with the wire harness.

Ive already tried that

??

tried what?
You removed the Oil Filter Adapter?
If so the Sender comes with it

and I still couldn't get the unit off.

couldn't get what "unit" off?
The Oil Filter Adapter?
or the Sender?

It has to be screwed off with a socket from the other side which is the side with the wire harness.

you do not need to use a socket to get the Oil Sender off??

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If you do not have the car on a rack, I can post procedure for Motor Mount, but usually that does not need to be done

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The oil filter is easy to access but the oil sending unit is covered with a motor mount secured by two screws. I am trying to free up that mount to get to the oil sending unit. Again I have a 2007 Cadillac DTS.

I understand year & Model........
Please reread the procedure I posted to "remove" the Oil Filter Adapter, not just the Oil Filter
The Oil Filter Adapter is secured with "2" bolts & wil,l come off to make it easier to get to the Sender

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The problem is that the motor mount is covering the parts of the oil filter adapter I need to get to I can't even disconnect the wire harness from the oil sending unit.

sorry for the problem, as you must not have the vehicle on a Rack........

the procedures I posted are correct & "yes" there is limited room, but I have not had to take the Motor Mount loose to get to it.

I will OPT Out & see if someone else has another way, but I know the Info I provided is correct

Your customer rated: Bad service

???

Really........
Because you did not understand simple procedure, you Rate may answer as "Bad Service"
Please...........explain how providing you with Exact Service procedure is "Bad Service"??

Perhaps you have a "better way"..?

not nice.............