Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

How to program a 2000 escalade fob

How to program a 2000 escalade fob
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.

Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!

Is the fob you are trying to program a 2-button or a 4-button?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4 button

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.

Thanks! Just had to make sure. There are 2 verisons for this vehicle.

Have each of the transmitters that you intend to program ready. This vehicle
will allow you to program a maximum of four transmitters programmed at one
time.

When reprogramming the remote control door lock receiver, All
transmitters must be programmed at this time in order for the transmitters to
operate the vehicle. Transmitters not programed at this time will not work and
the procedure will have to be redone with all the transmitters.

1. -Turn the ignition to the RUN position, then back to the OFF position. This
    will disarm the theft-deterrent system.
  2. -Remove the RADIO fuse (Fuse 17).
  3. -Turn the ignition from the OFF position to the RUN position three times
    quickly, within five seconds . The vehicle will respond by locking the
    doors, unlocking the driver's doors and releasing the tailgate or panel doors.
    The transmitter is now ready to match to the vehicle.
  4. -Press and hold the LOCK (1) and UNLOCK (2) buttons on the first transmitter
    for 15 seconds . The vehicle will respond as in step 3.
  5. -Repeat step 4 for the remaining transmitters.
  6. -Replace the RADIO fuse.
  7. -Check that all transmitters work by pressing their buttons.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one last question, the fuse for the radio.... remove it even if it is an after market radio?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Doesn't matter what radio is in there, this is how the vehicle knows it's in programming mode.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks