Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2007 cadillac sts: once I get down to the coil and spark plugs

On a 2007 cadillac sts, once I get down to the coil and spark plugs What is the best way to separate the plug from its coil?

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still need my question answered. How do I release the spark plug from the housing its attached to. I have unscrewed the coil from the engine and am able to lift the individual coil and attached plug out of the engine. to I need a flat head screw driver or another tool to release it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The question hasn't been answered
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX coils comes off the top of the plug, before the plug is removed, there is one bolt that holds the coil down, remove this bolt and the electrical connector, and the coil comes off, then you can unscrew the spark plug from the block,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My cadillac is up a running. I did it myself. Changed all the spark plugs. Thank all of you so very much. My problem was that I was afraid to pull the housing off the spark plug I thought that there was wires attached at the end of the coil. I didn't know that the coil pops off and that the spark plugs were down in the engine. Had to use an extension but I was able to replace all spark plugs and my car sounds good. This is an excellent service. I am a 58 year old women . I know a little about cars, but I just learned my biggest lesson. Thank you all for your knowledge.