BigBob, Service Manager/Technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience

2003 Cadillac Escalade: 100k service cost..spark plugs be changed too

How much should a 100k service cost for a 2003 Cadillac Escalade. The manufacture recommend the spark plugs be changed too.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  BigBob replied 4 years ago.
Greetings and welcome to just answer!!!!!

What model Escalade is it? Ext or Esv? 2wd or 4wd?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is a 2004 ESV I guess - 2 WD. It is the shorter one.
Expert:  BigBob replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for that!!

The 100k calls for spark plugs, and transmission filter and flush.

Spark plug labor is about $150 and the spark plugs are about $160
The transmission filter and flush runs about $285-$325, parts and labor. The ignition wires are inspected at the same time. Of course if you are due for an oil change that would be extra. The wires run about $100.

please let me know if I can help further,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, they are saying that they will rotate and balance the tires, and inspect EVERYTHING. They are quoting $1124 for all of the manufactures recommended services and are recommending extras - fuel system service and filter and engine oil service??? Don't know what that is but they quoted $1565 if I added the extra services. There are a couple of coupons that I may be able to get about $200 off. I have an extended warranty and I am a bit worried if I don't have them check everything, something may not be fixed before the warranty runs out. Do you think the with those extra checks the price is acceptable for California?
Expert:  BigBob replied 4 years ago.

fuel injection service is not on GM's list, but if you have not done it that would be a good idea ($185). During an oil change EVERYTHING should be checked anyway. Rotate tires should be done every 3k miles, and balance once a year ($75). Fuel filter should be about $100 parts and labor. If this is being done at a California dealership, the price is pretty close. I work in Caliifornia so I know this pretty good.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It seems that I am being overcharged for the 100k service. Can you recommend where I can get this service in the southern California area - Long Beach/Torrance area. Last question. Thanks.

Expert:  BigBob replied 4 years ago.
No problem at all. I would find a AAA approved shop. They will stand behind their work and also use quality parts.